What is the SIELE EXAM?
The SIELE Exam is an online Spanish examination aimed at students and professionals to help prove their degree of Spanish proficiency in a fast and easy way through its online registration, flexible exam process and fast results. In New Zealand the Spanish Institute is the only accredited Siele Spanish Examination centre. With SIELE, candidates project their profile internationally and strengthen their admissions to training plans, universities and selection processes within various companies.
What Is SIELE?
SIELE as a Spanish Proficiency Exam. SIELE is the Servico Internacional de Evaluación de la Lengua Española (International Assessment Service for the Spanish Language) and is an electronic means of proving your Spanish language proficiency. SIELE is a multi-level exam where each task presents a different degree of difficulty in Spanish, ranging from level A1 to C1 in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR), which standardises plurilingual education around Europe. Therefore, each exam question helps you discover your official proficiency level in Spanish.
SIELE IS MODULAR
The SIELE is modular, so each candidate may choose between a complete Exam Certificate in Spanish or an individual Skills Report of the competency areas (Reading, Writing, Listening, Speaking). What are your options?
Here are the options for the SIELE exam:
- SIELE Global
- S1: Reading + Listening comprehension
- S2: Reading comprehension + Written expression and interaction
- S3: Listening comprehension + Oral expression and interaction
- S4: Oral expression and interaction
- S5: Written expression and interaction + Spoken expression and interaction
The SIELE Global exam consists of 4 tests corresponding to the four language communication competences and is the most complete modality to certify your level of Spanish proficiency. The independent SIELE modalities (S1 – S5) are created from four possible combinations of the Global exam and certify your Spanish language level of the communication part of your choice.
Why Should You Take the SIELE Exam?
These are the benefits of the SIELE Exam:
- Fast and easy – Everything is managed electronically, which guarantees you will receive your results within a maximum of three weeks. You can then print the certificate straight from your computer or prove your proficiency with the secure verification code.
- Adaptable – You can choose between the most complete modality of SIELE Global or any of the 5 independent modalities.
- Flexible – You can decide when and in which exam centre you want to take the exam – there are no pre-established dates!
- Uniform – Because it is pan-hispanic, the exam includes different linguistic variations of Spanish.
- Good business – Companies and organizations can quickly find candidates that best adapt to their team through the SIELE verification code.
- Competent training – Universities and schools of business will be able to establish objectives, tools for measurement and control of the progress of learning and training based on SIELE results.
- World Recognition – SIELE is recognized by more than 75 associated organizations and universities in more than 20 countries, including Conference of Rectors of the Spanish Universities (CRUE), the Association of Language Centers in Higher Educations (ACLES), American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) and the National Directory of Professional Certifications (RNCP).
Why take an independent modality?
Depending on whether you need to prove your Spanish proficiency for professional or academic reasons, it may only be necessary to take just part of the SIELE exam through one of its independent modalities. For example, some entities may only need to certify your level of Spanish oral expression and interaction, which you can do with the independent S4 modality in a 15-minute exam. Here you can obtain a report that supports your competence in a more affordable and less time-consuming manner than if you were to complete the entire SIELE exam. Be sure to consult your associated education or business institution before taking the exam to determine which option is best suited for your needs.
Accredit your Spanish Level B1/B2 to obtain your degree
A large number of Spanish universities require students to possess an official Spanish certificate to obtain an undergraduate and postgraduate degree. The required level varies from each university, but the most requested levels are B1 and B2 Spanish proficiency. The different levels of the SIELE diploma are based on CEFR. Here are the different proficiency levels from A1 to C2 and the associated scores..
How Can You Register for the SIELE Exam?
Registration and payment for the SIELE exam is done online through https://siele.org/reservas
Siele Exam Guide
For further information download the Siele Exam guide pdf