Improvers Spanish Courses Outline (A2 Elementary Spanish)
Spanish Course objectives for A2 are :
- Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Can describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
- You can understand phrases and the highest frequency vocabulary related to areas of most immediate personal relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local area, employment).
- You can catch the main point in short, clear, simple messages and announcements.
- You can read very short, simple texts. I can find specific, predictable information in simple everyday material such as advertisements, prospectuses, menus and timetables and you can understand short simple personal letters.
- You can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar topics and activities.
- You can handle very short social exchanges, even though I can't usually understand enough to keep the conversation going myself.
- You can use a series of phrases and sentences to describe in simple terms my family and other people, living conditions, my educational background and my present or most recent job.
- You can write short, simple notes and messages relating to matters in areas of immediate need.
- You can write a very simple personal letter, for example thanking someone for something.
- Aula Internacional 2 (Nueva edición /new edition) ISBN:978-84-1564-010-3. Readily available at Trademe, online bookstores and downloadable pdfs
- Each evening course is made of 8 x 1 1/2 hour weekly classes running for over 2 months at the same time and day of the week as its listed course start date. There are no classes on Public holidays.
- You have to completed the Beginners Spainsh A1, Ncea Level 1 or the following University courses (Auckland Uni's SPANISH 104, Victoria Uni's SPAN 101 & Waikato's SPANISH 131)
Benefits of taking your Spanish courses with the Spanish Institute:
- You will learn Spanish with qualified and experienced professional Spanish teachers from Latin America and Spain
- Progress in a friendly Spanish immersion environment
- Benefit from a small class sizes which maximises your student and teacher interactions
- Follow a structured curriculum following the Common European Framework of Reference A1-C2 (CEFR - www.coe.int)
- Work toward internationally recognised Siele exams
- Use the recommended Aula + Internacional Series of textbooks used in Universities and schools worldwide such as the Victoria University, University of Canterbury, University of Sydney ,Monash University, University of York, University of Coventry, University of Liverpool, University College London, University of Calgary , Instituto Cervantes and many more...
- Back up your learning with resources from our media-library
Spanish School Locations:
- Auckland Central - Level 10, Acrossia House, 155 Queen St, Auckland
- Mt Eden - Mt Eden Village Centre, 449 Mount Eden Rd, Mt Eden
- North shore - Northcote Memorial Hall, 2 Rodney St, Northcote
- Wellington - Aro Valley Community Hall, 48 Aro St, Wellington
- Hamilton - Trust Waikato, 4 Little London Lane, Hamilton, Waikato
- Palmerston North - Hancock Community Hourse, 77 King St, Manuwatu
- $150, includes 8 weeks of classes, an expert teacher from Spain or Latin America and small class sizes, all for less than $19 a class. There are no hidden membership fees or contracts.
Spanish courses for Improvers A2.1, A2.2 & A2.3
Improvers 1 (A2.1): Aula Internacional 1 (New Ed) - Lecciones (Chapters): 9 & Aula Internacional 2 (New Ed) Lecciones (Chapters): 1, 2 & 3
Improvers 2 (A2.2): Aula Internacional 2 (New Ed) Lecciones (Chapters): 4, 5, 6 & 7
Improvers 3 (A2.3): Aula Internacional 2 (New Ed) Lecciones (Chapters): 8, 9 & 10