Intermediate Spanish Courses Outline (b1)
Spanish Course objectives for Intermediate B1 are :
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
- You can understand the main points of clear standard speech on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- You can understand the main point of many radio or TV programmes on current affairs or topics of personal or professional interest when the delivery is relatively slow and clear.
- You can understand texts that consist mainly of high frequency everyday or job- related language.
- You can understand the description of events, feelings and wishes in personal letters.
- You can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- You can enter unprepared into conversation on topics that are familiar, of personal interest or pertinent to everyday life (e.g. family, hobbies, work, travel and current events).
- You can connect phrases in a simple way in order to describe experiences and events, my dreams, hopes and ambitions.
- You can briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
- You can narrate a story or relate the plot of a book or film and describe my reactions.
- You can write simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest. I can write personal letters describing experiences and impressions.
- Aula Internacional 3 (Nueva edición /new edition) ISBN:978-84-15640-11-0. Readily available at Trademe, online bookstores and downloadable pdfs
- Each evening course is made of 8 x 1 1/2 hour weekly classes running for over 2 months at the same time and day of the week as its listed course start date. There are no classes on Public holidays.
- You have to completed the Spanish Improvers A2, Ncea Level 2 and University courses (Auckland Uni's SPANISH 105, Victoria Uni's SPAN 102 & Waikato's SPANISH 132)
Benefits of taking your Spanish courses with the Spanish Institute:
- You will learn Spanish with qualified and experienced professional Spanish teachers from Latin America and Spain
- Progress in a friendly Spanish immersion environment
- Benefit from a small class sizes which maximises your student and teacher interactions
- Follow a structured curriculum following the Common European Framework of Reference A1-C2 (CEFR - www.coe.int)
- Work toward internationally recognised Siele exams
- Use the recommended Aula + Internacional Series of textbooks used in Universities and schools worldwide such as the Victoria University, University of Canterbury, University of Sydney ,Monash University, University of York, University of Coventry, University of Liverpool, University College London, University of Calgary , Instituto Cervantes and many more...
- Back up your learning with resources from our media-library
Spanish School Locations:
- Auckland Central - Level 10, Acrossia House, 155 Queen St, Auckland
- Mt Eden - Mt Eden Village Centre, 449 Mount Eden Rd, Mt Eden
- North shore - Northcote Memorial Hall, 2 Rodney St, Northcote
- Wellington - Aro Valley Community Hall, 48 Aro St, Wellington
- Hamilton - Trust Waikato, 4 Little London Lane, Hamilton, Waikato
- Palmerston North - Hancock Community Hourse, 77 King St, Manuwatu
- $150, includes 8 weeks of classes, an expert teacher from Spain or Latin America and small class sizes, all for less than $19 a class. There are no hidden membership fees or contracts.
Spanish courses for Intermediate B1.1, B1.2, B1.3 & B1.4
Intermediate 1 (B1.1): Aula Internacional 3 (New Ed) Lecciones (Chapters): 1, 2 & 3
Intermediate 2 (B1.2): Aula Internacional 3 (New Ed) Lecciones (Chapters): 4, 5 y 6
Intermediate 3 (B1.3): Aula Internacional 3 (New Ed) Lecciones (Chapters): 7, 8 y 9
Intermediate 4 (B1.4): Aula Internacional 3 (New Ed) Lecciones (Chapters): 10, 11 y 12