Advance Spanish Courses Outline (C1)
Spanish Course objectives for C1 are :
- Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning.
- Can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
- You can understand extended speech even when it is not clearly structured and when relationships are only implied and not signalled explicitly.
- I can understand television programmes and films without too much effort.
- You can understand long and complex factual and literary texts, appreciating distinctions of style.
- You can understand specialised articles and longer technical instructions, even when they do not relate to my field.
- You can express myself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- You can use language flexibly and effectively for social and professional purposes
- You can formulate ideas and opinions with precision and relate my contribution skilfully to those of other speakers.
- You can present clear, detailed descriptions of complex subjects integrating sub-themes, developing particular points and rounding off with an appropriate conclusion.
- You can express myself in clear, well- structured text, expressing points of view at some length.
- You can write about complex subjects in a letter, an essay or a report, underlining what you consider to be the salient issues.
- You can select style appropriate to the reader in mind.
- Nuevo Prisma C1: Libro del alumno. ISBN: 978-8498482539. Readily available at Trademe, online bookstores and downloadable pdfs
- Each evening course is made of 8 x 1 1/2 hour weekly classes running for over 2 months at the same time and day of the week as its listed course start date. There are no classes on Public holidays.
- You have to completed the Spanish B2 or University 300 courses (Auckland Uni's SPANISH 301, Victoria Uni's SPAN 301-2 & Waikato's SPANISH 310)
Benefits of taking your Spanish courses with the Spanish Institute:
- You will learn Spanish with qualified and experienced professional Spanish teachers from Latin America and Spain
- Progress in a friendly Spanish immersion environment
- Benefit from a small class sizes which maximises your student and teacher interactions
- Follow a structured curriculum following the Common European Framework of Reference A1-C2 (CEFR - www.coe.int)
- Work toward internationally recognised Siele exams
- Use the recommended Aula + Internacional Series of textbooks used in Universities and schools worldwide such as the Victoria University, University of Canterbury, University of Sydney ,Monash University, University of York, University of Coventry, University of Liverpool, University College London, University of Calgary , Instituto Cervantes and many more...
- Back up your learning with resources from our media-library
Spanish School Locations:
- Auckland Central - Level 10, Acrossia House, 155 Queen St, Auckland
- Mt Eden - Mt Eden Village Centre, 449 Mount Eden Rd, Mt Eden
- North shore - Northcote Memorial Hall, 2 Rodney St, Northcote
- Wellington - Aro Valley Community Hall, 48 Aro St, Wellington
- Hamilton - Trust Waikato, 4 Little London Lane, Hamilton, Waikato
- Palmerston North - Hancock Community Hourse, 77 King St, Manuwatu
- $150, includes 8 weeks of classes, an expert teacher from Spain or Latin America and small class sizes, all for less than $19 a class. There are no hidden membership fees or contracts.
Advance Spanish courses C1.1, C1.2, C1.3 & C1.4
Advance 1 (C1.1): Nuevo Prisma C1: Libro del alumno. Lecciones (Chapters): 1, 2 & 3
Advance 2 (C1.2): Nuevo Prisma C1: Libro del alumno. Lecciones (Chapters): 4, 5 & 6
Advance 3 (C1.3): Nuevo Prisma C1: Libro del alumno. Lecciones (Chapters): 7, 8 & 9
Advance 4 (C1.4): Nuevo Prisma C1: Libro del alumno. Lecciones (Chapters): 10, 11 & 12